Shirodhara is a therapeutic head massage with herbal oils and it is done with herbal oil, medicated milk or herbal decoction which is poured in gently and steadily over the forehead in a continuous stream using a special rhythmic swaying movement. This results in a sense of deep relaxation and inner peace. It works on cerebral system, helps in relaxing the nervous system and balancing the sensory functions around the head. It improves the function of five senses, helps in insomnia, stress, anxiety, depression, hair loss, fatigue and many other imbalances in the body.
Shirodhara is a purifying and rejuvenating therapy designed to eliminate toxins and mental exhaustion as well as relieve stress and any ill effects on the central nervous system.
- Vata disorders
- Various mental disturbances
- Other disorders related to the head, neck, eyes, ears, nose, throat & nervous systems
- calms the mind and soothes the nervous system
- induces a feeling of profound peace and happiness
- is used for treating various psychosomatic disorders, insomnia, chronic cold, sinusitis, etc.
- provides relief and improves conditions related with head, Neck, Eyes, Ears, Nose, Throat & Nervous system disease and disorders